Over 25.000 tasting notes

One of Norway's largest wine tasting note archives, containing more than 25.000 tasting notes. All tasted by one taster, not a panel, so Norway's most consistent archive as well. To find tasting notes? Search; mywinesandmore "wine name" on google, to find all notes from one property.

Thursday 30 December 2010

1912 Verdelho


1912 D'Oliveiras Verdelho;
Brown with orange green rim, intense as few, almonds, roasted nuts, grapey notes, caramel, minerals, leafs, tea, both black and green, dried apricots, figs, so complex it's almost impossible to describe. Acidity is perfection, so lively and powerfull, makes you're tongue dance in pure joy, so refreshing, yet still so old and ancient, extremmely long finish, last's for minutes on end. I remember the first time I tasted this wine, and I was mindblown by it's freshness, the 1912 Verdelho. The year both of my grand mother's were born actually! That gives it some perspective, doesn't it? Now, many years later, I'm mindblown again by it's freshness, it still manages to catch me off guard, even after several tastings. It's almost like the island itself, with the flavours as complex and different as the landscape, and the acidity like the steep mountains and cliffs, charging up from the sea. Perfect! I hope it will surprise me once more, because I'm out of stock! 95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.