Over 25.000 tasting notes

One of Norway's largest wine tasting note archives, containing more than 25.000 tasting notes. All tasted by one taster, not a panel, so Norway's most consistent archive as well. To find tasting notes? Search; mywinesandmore "wine name" on google, to find all notes from one property.

Sunday 9 December 2012

Faustino I vertical back to 1964


 All bottles came directly from the cellars of Bodegas Faustino.


2001 Faustino de Autor:
Ruby. Scented, blueberries and licorice, some vanilla. Fresh acidity, ripe tannins, elegant fruit not drowned in barrel notes, good length. 89

2000 Faustino I Gran Reserva:
Ruby. Scented, roses, blueberries, licorice and vanilla. Fresh acidity, ripe tannins, refreshing and playful, long. 89

1994 Faustino I Gran Reserva:
Ruby. Leather, licorice and blueberries. Fruity- Fresh acidity, ripe tannins, refreshingly fruitdriven still, as it used to be, and surprisingly little have happened since the first bottles I've tried almost ten years ago. I've had some bottles in between from different collectors cellars not as pure and up front as this, comming directly from Faustino. A lovely wine, just as I remember it. 90+

1991 Faustino I Gran Reserva:
Ruby. Scented, floral, blueberries and vanilla. Fresh acidity, tannins letting go, playful, eleagnt and long. Balanced and fresh feel. 90

1970 Faustino I Gran Reserva:
Bright ruby, thin brick rim. Figs, prunes, blueberries and scented notes. Lovely nose. Fresh acidity, ripe tannins, still lovely fruit but drying ever so slightly around the edges if I'm picky. I think the freshest and best bottle I've tried of the '70. 89

1964 Faustino I Gran Reserva:
Bright ruby, broad brick rim. Figs, prunes, some vanilla and somewhat dusty. Fresh acidity, drying texture, less dry and dusty than most bottles I've tried of Faustino I in this vintage, and it's quite a few actually, drink it if you have it. 84

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.