Over 25.000 tasting notes

One of Norway's largest wine tasting note archives, containing more than 25.000 tasting notes. All tasted by one taster, not a panel, so Norway's most consistent archive as well. To find tasting notes? Search; mywinesandmore "wine name" on google, to find all notes from one property.

Thursday 20 May 2010

The best wine I have ever tasted!

The best wine I have ever tasted, above all the rest.......increadible, and I can almost feel the aftertaste still.......I did not know what it was, served blind. I nailed the producer.......not even close on the vintage.......

1928 Chateau Suduiraut;

Amber colour, golden hue, some crystals, amazing colour. Caramel, aprikots, creme brulee, pineapples, orange, tangerine, ripe lemons, apples, baked pear, raisins, touch of nuts. So complex, it's another meaning. So fresh acidity, such elegance, just perfect balance, and sweetness/ acidity balance is from another world. Not very sweet anymore, just enough to grace the fruit aromas perfectly, tender body, layered and transparent, this was just beyond anything........and what a length and aftertaste, it lasted not for seconds or minutes, we're talking hours......still ther the next morning. (You just do not brush you're teeth with these flavours going on in the mouth....Increadible! 100

3 comments:

  1. Christian Guttormsen22 May 2010 at 00:10

    Suduiraut is probably my favourite Sauternes producer. I've never tasted further back than the 40's though. I truly hope to see the '28 at an auction in the future, as it sounds extraordinary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy. what a rare treat indeed! i remember tasting a 1979 Y'Quem and I was impressed with that. I can imagine this 1928 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree, Suduiraut is also one of my favorite houses in Sauternes. There will be a note on the 28 Yquem shortly as well, as I had it next to a 59 last Monday:)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.