Over 25.000 tasting notes

One of Norway's largest wine tasting note archives, containing more than 25.000 tasting notes. All tasted by one taster, not a panel, so Norway's most consistent archive as well. To find tasting notes? Search; mywinesandmore "wine name" on google, to find all notes from one property.

Wednesday 24 August 2011

1993 Grange

1993 Penfolds Grange;
Ruby, sweet blackcurrant's, anise, alcohol shows above the fruit on the nose, leather and black pepper. Way fresher on the palate, nice acidity, pretty playful, ripe tannins, nice balance and texture, good length. 92

Served totally blind, I was in California and on Opus One, mid nineties, not top vintage. Then the bottle owner stated it was the only legendary wine in the country, Grange was on everybody's lips instantly. How did I miss those black peppers that I actually wrote down.....

5 comments:

  1. Is this the same botle described by Rune Rake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And he scoret it 81 points? Which one of you isn't qualified?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It surley can't be Christer, as he has tasted a 100 point wine, and is therefor qualified.... Must be embarrasing for Rune Rake, can't really understand why he scores wine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since you're anonymous (number two), you are probably embarrassed by your statement. I think it is quite well known that Jancis Robinson, Robert Parker and Michael Broadbent can have quite different opinions about the same wine, so why the surprise? I can ad Bettane, who normally have yet another view and Juhlin, Tom Stevenson and Essi Avellan, may have quite different views on the same Champagne. And there's many more. How about Wine Spectator and Decanter, different opinions again. Then Gambero Rosso. So why can't Rune and I have different opinions?

    Rune and I has different opinions on many of the wines we taste, so I'm not surprised. I thought he was a bit hard on it. But this was on the sweet and ripe side, and that style does normally not go to well with the Norwegian palate. I am one of very few Napa Ambassadors in Norway as an example. But many Americans think I'm to hard on ripe high alcohol wines as well.

    And by the way, I've tasted many 100 point wines.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ripe (read overripe) fruit and high alcohol was it supposed to say above.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.