Over 25.000 tasting notes

One of Norway's largest wine tasting note archives, containing more than 25.000 tasting notes. All tasted by one taster, not a panel, so Norway's most consistent archive as well. To find tasting notes? Search; mywinesandmore "wine name" on google, to find all notes from one property.

Saturday 11 June 2011

Answer to question on 76 WS BA

As Blogspot is absolutely hopeless technically sometimes, I got tired of trying to answer Kjetil's question four times, and still it was not posted, so I will have to make a new post instead.

JJ Christoffel JR is an estate in Ürzig that makes fine, but a bit easy going and "simple" Rieslings, that are fruit driven. I enjoy the wines, but I'm not filling my cellar with them.

But I'm a huge fan of JJ Christoffel ERBEN, another Ürzig estate, making a subtle, extremelly refined, nuanced, layered and complex style with normally long length. The wines are normally increadibly difficult to source.

So, to answer the question Kjetil, no, I have never given too high remarks to Jr, the "beginners" Riesling, and a very fine one at that, but I certainly have to Erben. So, nothing has changed in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.